Amazon Kindle Fire users can install Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean on their devices, after Ice Cream Sandwich, it’s time to update with Jelly Bean. Continue reading to find out more.
Today, we’ll be checking out the procedure to install Jelly Bean 4.1.1 on Kindle Fire. After the Ice Cream Sandwich update that came out lot back, here comes the Jelly Bean 4.1.1 update and you can easily install the same on your device by following the procedure we’re writing below. Make sure that you backup your data before flashing the Jelly Bean update on your Kindle Fire tablet so in case any unlike event occurs, you’ll be able to revert back to the original state.
Warning and Disclaimer
This is all development stuff and in this tutorial we’ll be flashing the file in order to make it work on your device, rooting and flashing stuff voids the warranty of the mobile phone, but the warranty can be always retained by flashing the Stock ROM.
Backup everything that is stored on your device before proceeding with this tutorial. You can use our ADB Backup Guide or Nandroid Backup Guide (Root users) to back up everything that is stored on your device. Disable Kies, Antivirus Software, and Firewall as they can clutter in between the upgrading process.
Firstly, make sure that your device is rooted and is having ClockworkMod Recovery installed on it. If you haven’t done so, read the rooting and ClockworkMod Recovery installation procedure at Android Geeks website.
STEP 1: Download Required files
Download “jb-kfire-hashcode-07-13.zip” and “gapps-jb-20120711.zip” from the development thread at XDA.
STEP 2: Installing Jelly Bean 4.1.1 on Kindle Fire Tablet
- Connect your tablet to PC and copy both the files that we had downloaded earlier.
- Disconnect your Kindle Fire now and now reboot your device into TWRP/ClockworkMod Recovery; to do so, turn on your device and wait for boot. As soon as the boot logo appears press and keep on holding the Power Button, this will take you to the recovery menu.
- Now, select “Install” after that select the “jb-kfire-hashcode-07-13.zip” file.
- Select “add more zips” in the install screen after that add the “gapps-jb-20120711.zip” file.
- Now, swipe in the area where “Swipe to Confirm Flash” is written.
- Flashing procedure of Jelly Bean 4.1.1 on Kindle Fire will be complete.
- Go to the main recovery screen and select “Reboot System”.
That’s it. You’ve successfully installed Jelly Bean 4.1.1 on Kindle Fire Tablet. Thanks to the developer named Hashcode at XDA who has made it possible. Consider donating him if you like his work.
Tags: jb-kfire-hashcode-07-13 zip, kindle 4 1 1