Google Chrome beta is now available in the Google Play Store for download free. This version of Chrome is to test and debug the new features which are to be ported to the “Chrome for Android” in its later versions. The Chrome beta will be somewhat buggy and will come with some new features and fixes which are not available in the “Chrome for Android”.
In the official release notes by Google Chrome team, it is clearly mentioned that the Chrome beta will come with a “slew of updates and improvements” over its Stable counterparts.
There’s a sum of known bugs and things which are required to be patched, so it is not adviced to make this version as your daily driver, but if you happen to be curious, here is a list of some of these:
- Performance is sluggish, noticeably on Galaxy Nexus and Nexus S
- Frequent freeze on devices with specific versions of Qualcomm GPU driver
- Text autosizing may break formatting on some sites
- 164632 - Editing bookmark feature is broken
- 165244 - Text position handler jumps or disappears when moving
- 163439 - Clicking on links in yahoo.com not navigating on Nexus 7
- 166233 - Unable to submit comments on Facebook posts in desktop version of Facebook
- 165244 - Text handler jumps or disappears when moving
- 167351 - Youtube video controls are lost after returning from fullscreen video mode
- 162486 - iframe scrolling broken
You can get the Chome Beta from the Google Play Store for free, just click on the link below to get it in your device.
Tags: chrome beta wildfire s