Now, You can Install Official CyanogenMod 10 Nightly Jelly Bean 4.1 on Galaxy S3 mobile phone. This time the port is official and that too the nightly one that means that the ROM will be updated on a daily basis. There are bugs in the initial stages as of now, that are resulting in slow performance, camera and microphone not working. But, this is a Jelly Bean 4.1 based ROM that too CyanogenMod 10 which will give you the jelly bean taste, this is worth installing on your device.
If you’re convinced with the ROM and ready to install the same then you can proceed with the installation now. Read on to know more
Warning and Disclaimer
This is all development stuff and in this tutorial we’ll be flashing the file in order to make it work on your device, rooting and flashing stuff voids the warranty of the mobile phone but the warranty can be always retained by flashing the Stock ROM.
Backup everything that is stored on your device before proceeding with this tutorial. You can use our ADB Backup Guide or Nandroid Backup Guide (Root users) to back up everything that is stored on your device. Disable Kies, Antivirus Software, and Firewall as they can clutter in between the upgrading process. You can read our Guides on Backing up SMS messages, call logs, and Whatsapp messages.
Install Official CyanogenMod 10 Nightly on Galaxy S3
- Download the CyanogenMod 10 ROM from — here.
- Download the Google Apps Package from — here.
- Connect your mobile phone to your computer and transfer both the files to the Internal SD Card of your mobile phone.
- Turn off your mobile phone now and boot into ClockworkMod Recovery by pressing and holding Volume DOWN + Home + Power Buttons and wait for the device to start.
- Select - Install zip from sdcard >> Choose zip from sdcard. Now select the file that we had copied to the device earlier in step 3.
- After the flashing of the CM10 ROM is complete. Flash the Google Apps Package using the same procedure we used with CM10 image file.
- The process should be complete within 10 minutes.
- Restart your mobile phone by heading back to the main recovery screen and selecting “Reboot system now“.
That is How we can Install Official CyanogenMod 10 Nightly Jelly Bean 4.1 on Galaxy S3 mobile phone of yours. The process was kinda simple, but in case you come up with any difficulties with the same please do let us know and we’ll be there to help you out.
Tags: cyanogenmod 10 for sgh-t999v, cyanogenmod galaxy s 3 install time, HOW TO INSTALL Galaxy S3 CyanogenMod 10 (Jelly Bean) ON GALAXY GIO S5660