Choosing a mobile phone is not so easy nowadays. You have tens, and hundreds of options to choose from, most of the non tech savvy users get confused while choosing the best fit for themselves and end up wasting their money buying a phone that isn’t what they were looking for. Indian users can buy cell phones in India online straightly from ecommerce portals as they are lot more concerned about their money, so they can pay after the device reaches their home using COD (Cash on Delivery).
Today, we need a lot more stuff to make our devices fit for us. As phones are no more limited to text messaging and phone calls. I myself use my mobile phone mostly for doing time pass, facebooking, and playing games. Actually all this depends on the personal choice of an individual. First of all you should see whether you need a smartphone, feature phone or a superphone, then only you can proceed with other things such as Style, Specifications, operating system, and the most important thing that is budget.
Do you need a mobile phone with a large screen, small screen, touch screen phone or a device with a physical keyboard. Pen down the things that you need in your smartphone. You should check what’s the feature you want the most, what matters most for you, what’s important.
Most of the flagship mobile phones available in the market today are surely beasts, Samsung Galaxy S3, Note 2, One X and other flagship smartphones from other and other manufacturers are awesome.
Here are some general specifications of a device that you should look on.
- Screen: What is the screen size that is optimal for you, what kind of screen is optimal for you.
- Processor: Are you a gaming freak, then I would recommend you to go for a device having lots of processing power.
- Camera: If you shoot a lot of pics then you should consider a better camera smartphone, all of the flagship smartphone devices come with a good camera.
- Battery Life: How long your mobile phone’s battery can survive, it is recommended to buy a smartphone with long battery life. More mAh’s = More Battery Power and Backup.
- Size: Are you sure that you would be comfortable with the Galaxy Note 2? – It’s 5.5 inch, it cannot fit inside your pocket, once dropped by mistake, it’s gone. Go for something that really fits inside your pocket and is handy, because it’s not good to have your mobile phone always in your hands.
- Expandable Memory: I hate Nexus device and iPhone because they don’t have Expandable memory. Samsung is really good, they have still continued to provide expandable memory on all their devices. A Phone with 8GB internal storage, Android and an HD Camera seems like a joke to me, because guys like me who take a lot of pics an play a lot of games can’t cope up with that 8GB or even 16GB memory.
Android, BB OS, iOS or Windows Phone?
- Android: Android is the most popular operating system, it’s mostly loved by people because its open source and is very developers friendly, plus the robust Google Play Store has tons of applications to keep you busy.
- BlackBerry: If you love BBM or a QWERTY physical keyboard then Blackberry might be the right choice for you. You don’t have lots of applications and support for these device, that’s why blackberry still sucks.
- iOS: If you like iOS, then you have a single choice, the over priced iPhone. Similar design from the past 5 generations and weird price tags.
- Windows Phone: Windows Mobile was a big fail, after that Microsoft worked hard and made WP from scratch. The live tiles user interface is very stylish, something very similar to the Zune MP3 player. Everything that is on your homepage can show live information.
There are three segments of smartphone. The budget segment – devices that cost really low, Mid end segment – devices with good specs and a good price tag, obviously. The last one high end – the beasts which we talked about, Note 2, GS3, and iPhone are such devices.
Choice is yours, because the money is yours.!
image source: Yahoo and Google
Tags: samsung galaxy s4 profile and price, small screen phones, android phone buying guide, how to select a mobile phone?, how to select mobile phone