Google Play Store is a very vast place to get Android apps officially from Google. Using the Google Play Store is a very smooth experience, at least for the most part, but some times things change
Google Play Store is a very vast place to get Android apps officially from Google. Using the Google Play Store is a very smooth experience, at least for the most part, but some times things change: here this change is the Google Play Store Error 403. Firstly mentioned in the Sony Xperia U Official Forums, this error mainly appears due to the link problems in the Play Store.
If you are having the Sony Xperia U and having the Play Store Error 403 then here is the fix for this. Elaborating the error first: When trying to download or update any application from the Play Store there is an error signified as “Error 403″. Due to this error, you won’t be able to download or update any application from your phone. This might sound a problem with 3G or WiFi connection, but that is not the case.
The error will be somewhat like this — “Update for “Official eBay Android app” could not be downloaded due to an error.(403)”. Lets see how we can fix this problem.
Fix Google Play Store Error 403
Reset the Play Store
- Go to the Settings>> Apps>> All Apps>> Play Store. Choose to Uninstall updates of the app.
- Go to the home and open the Play Store.
- Leave it for about 2-3 minutes for it to update in the background.
Fix the Access Points
- Go to the Settings>> Wireless & Networks>> Mobile Networks>> Access Point>> Name.
- Edit the PROXY Settings and change it to <not set>.
- Restart the phone.
If you have ROOT on your phone then this might help.
Wipe the Cache
- Start the phone in Recovery mode.
- Go to the Advance options.
- Clear the Cache and Dalvik Cache.
- Reboot the device.
Thats all. This is all you have to do to fix the Play Store Error 403 on your Sony Xperia U Android phone. This will probably fix the Error 403 on your phone, but if not, please do let us know in the comments section so that we can research more about this error.
Tags: yhs-default, play store error 403, google play error 403, error 403 play store, error 403 google play