CyanogenMod 9 is based on Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3 and aims to bring better UI, Customization options, battery optimization, and lot of bug fixes along with amazing CyanogenMod features. Camera doesn’t seem to be working with this ROM, but that won’t be a major issue if you’re not using your camera frequently. Other than that this ROM can be used as a daily driver, the only issue so far is the camera that is not working.
Warning and Disclaimer
This is all development stuff and in this tutorial we’ll be flashing the file in order to make it work on your device, rooting and flashing stuff voids the warranty of the mobile phone but the warranty can be always retained by flashing the Stock ROM.
Backup everything that is stored on your device before proceeding with this tutorial. You can use our ADB Backup Guide or Nandroid Backup Guide (Root users) to back up everything that is stored on your device. Disable Kies, Antivirus Software, and Firewall as they can clutter in between the upgrading process. You can read our Guides on Backing up SMS messages, call logs, and Whatsapp messages.
Install CyanogenMod 9 Android ICS 4.0.3 ROM on Samsung Galaxy Ace
- Download CyanogenMod 9 Package from the download link –> here.
- Connect your mobile phone to your computer now. Transfer the downloaded file to the SD Card of your mobile phone.
- After the transfer of the downloaded file is complete. Turn off your mobile phone.
- Now, boot your mobile phone into recovery mode now. To do so, press and hold Power + Menu Button together and wait for the device to start.
- From the recovery mode, select “Install zip from SD Card” followed by “Choose zip from SD Card“. Now, using the file browser select the CyanogenMod 9 zip file that we had transferred earlier to the device.
- This will start the installation procedure and soon the ROM will be completely flashed on your mobile device.
- Now, head back to the main recovery screen and select “Reboot System Now“.
This is How we can Install CyanogenMod 9 Android ICS 4.0.3 ROM on Samsung Galaxy Ace mobile phone. I hope your device is up and running the CyanogenMod 9 ROM on it now. Do let us know in case you get any problems while flashing the ROM onto your device.
Tags: cyanogenmod for ace plus, cyanogenmod 9 galaxy ace