Xperia X8, X10 Mini, X10 Mini Pro users can install Android 4.0.3 CyanogenMod 9 based ROM on their devices with the procedure we’re writing below. XDA member “paul-xxx”, has released the CM9 Android 4.0.3 based ROM. As we all know many devices are showering with the Jelly Bean updates coming out from the developers, but we have Ice Cream Sandwich for these devices as of now and we can expect the Jelly Bean update coming out soon.
Android 4.0.3 ICS CyanogenMod 9 for Xperia X8, X10 Mini, X10 Mini Pro
Warning and Disclaimer
This is all development stuff and in this tutorial we’ll be flashing the file in order to make it work on your device, rooting and flashing stuff voids the warranty of the mobile phone but the warranty can be always retained by flashing the Stock ROM.
Your device should be rooted and along with that it should be having ClockworkMod Recovery installed. As you have rooted your mobile phone, it is recommended that you backup your mobile phone’s current ROM with Nandroid Backup app. In case you’re not going for the Nandroid option, backup your apps using Astro file manager, Sync contacts with Gmail, create backup of sms with sms backup application.
Android 4.0.3 ICS CyanogenMod 9 for Xperia X8, X10 Mini, X10 Mini Pro – Installation
- Download CyanogenMod 9 ROM for X8 / W8 from here, X10 Mini from here and for X10 Mini Pro from here.
- Connect your mobile phone to your computer.
- Transfer the downloaded file to the mobile phone’s SD Card.
- Turn the device off now. Now, boot into ClockworkMod recovery.
- From the menu, select “wipe data/factory reset” and “wipe cache“. After both are cleared, head to advanced and then “wipe dalvik cache“.
- Now, head back to the main recovery screen and select “reboot system now“.
Tags: cyanogenmod 9 xperia x8, x10 mini android 4 0, update x10 mini to android 4 0, x8 android ics free download, sony ericsson xperia x8