Ever thought of having Jelly Bean in such a low end device such as Galaxy Y? — Yes it’s possible now, the Galaxy Y users can install the Jelly Bean Blast Custom ROM on their devices to enjoy the taste of Jelly bean on their devices. Samsung did launch this device with Android 2.3 gingerbread, after that no update came for the device, so we cannot expect Samsung to push the Jelly bean update either. If you’re looking for Android Ice Cream Sandwich update then you can install ICS Aura Custom ROM.
This is not an official firmware update pushed by Samsung. This Custom ROM has been created by some developer, so there could be a few bugs or problems in this ROM. Now, without wasting anymore time, we’ll proceed with installation. Make sure that you follow each and every step carefully.
Warning and Disclaimer
This is all development stuff and in this tutorial we’ll be flashing the file in order to make it work on your device, rooting and flashing stuff voids the warranty of the mobile phone but the warranty can be always retained by flashing the Stock ROM.
Backup everything that is stored on your device to make sure that you’re on the safe side, if your device bricks..!!
Jelly Bean Blast Custom ROM for Galaxy Y
- Download Jelly Bean Blast Custom ROM from the download page.
- Connect your Galaxy Y device to your computer and then transfer the downloaded file to the root of your SD Card.
- Turn off your Galaxy Y and now boot into recovery mode. Press and hold “Volume UP + Home + Power Button”. You’ll be able to see Android along with a exclamation mark, just hold Volume UP and Power Button again and you’ll be in recovery mode.
- Select “wipe data/factory reset” to perform a reset on the device. After that head to “flash zip from sdcard” >> “choose zip from SD Card”.
- Now, using the file browser select the file that we had transferred earlier to the device. Confirm the installation of the same to start the installation procedure.
- After the flashing of the file is complete, move back to the main recovery screen and select “reboot system now”.
That’s it. You’ve successfully installed Jelly Bean Blast Custom ROM for Galaxy Y mobile phone.
Do let us know in case you come up with any difficulties while installing this ROM on your device, we’ll help you out with your problem.
Tags: Download Jelly Blast ROM for Galaxy Y, jelly bean blast for galaxy y, jelly blast, samsung gt s5360 scart update recovery, download jally blast for samsung galaxy y