Though the Xperia Mini smartphone is a budget smartphone which was launched by Sony Ericsson. Sony didn’t even push a single official update for this device and it stayed on the Gingerbread firmware only. But there’s nothing to worry about, you can always update your device to the latest firmware. Special thanks to the FreeXperia project which is aimed to bring the latest update for the Xperia devices.
This is a Work in Progress ROM, that is development is still being done for this ROM. There can be a few bugs found in it. As we move on with the tutorial, we’ll be checking out the procedure to flash the CyanogenMod 10 Jelly Bean 4.1 based ROM on the Xperia Mini ST15i / ST15a.
Warning and Disclaimer
This is all development stuff and in this tutorial we’ll be flashing the file in order to make it work on your device, rooting and flashing stuff voids the warranty of the mobile phone but the warranty can be always retained by flashing the Stock ROM.
Install CyanogenMod 10 on Xperia Mini
- Download CM10 ROM and Google Apps (CM10 One).
- Connect your device to your computer now.
- Transfer the downloaded CyanogenMod 10 ROM and the Google Apps Package.
- Turn off your mobile phone now and boot into ClockworkMod Recovery. To do so, press and hold “Volume Down + Power Button” buttons together and wait for the boot.
- Now, boot into ClockworkMod Recovery. Scroll down and select “flash zip from SD card” >> “choose zip from sdcard”.
- Using the file choose that comes up, select the CyanogenMod 10 ROM file and press the “power button” to select it.
- After the flashing of the CyanogenMod 10 ROM is complete, flash the Google Apps Package using the same procedure we used to flash the CM10 one.
- After the installation of the ROM is complete, go back to the main recovery screen and select “reboot system now”.
That’s it. You’ve successfully installed CyanogenMod 10 Jelly Bean 4.1.1 on your Xperia Mini smartphone. Do let us know in case you come up with any difficulties while doing so.
Tags: st15i cyanogenmod